Other Lists of Conferences
- Asia-Pacific Economic and Business History Conference 2012 Theme: Economic Integration, Historical Perspectives from Europe and the Asia-Pacific region
Venue: Australian National University
Organisation: Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand
, Canberra (Australia), 16 - 18 February 2012.
- Asia-Pacific Economic and Business History Conference 2010 Main theme: Financial Crises: Historical Perspectives. Venue: Victoria University of Wellington
Organisation: Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand.
Papers and proposals for sessions are invited for the 2010 APEBH conference. Although the main conference theme is 'Financial Crises: Historical Perspectives’ we also extend a welcome to contributions on any other topics in economic, social, and business history, as well as to proposals for sessions on particular themes.
, Wellington (New Zealand), 17 - 19 February 2010.
- IEHA World Economic History Congress 2009 The International Economic History Association (IEHA) will hold its fifteenth World Economic History Congress in Utrecht, the Netherlands, August 2009. The Congress will last five days, Utrecht, 3 - 7 August 2009.
- ESTER/GLOBALEURONET Research Design Course 2009 ESTER and GLOBALEURONET announce their second jointly-organized Research Design Course for economic and social historians. The RDC will take place at the University of Barcelona, Spain.
Local organizer: Professor Alfonso Herranz Loncán, Xarxa de Referència de R+D+i en Economia i Polítiques Públiques (XREPP) and Centre d'Estudis Antoni de Capmany, University of Barcelona, Spain., Barcelona, 28 - 31 July 2009.
- Fashions: Business Practices in Historical Perspective Joint Meeting of the Business History Conference and the European Business History Association in 2009 in Milan, Bocconi University., Milan, 11 - 13 June 2009.
- Settimana Datini 2009 XLI Settimana Datini: Economic and biological interactions in pre-industrial Europe, Prato (Italy), 26 - 30 April 2009.
- EHSANZ Conference 2009 The Asia-Pacific Economic and Business History Conference 2009 (theme: Asia-Pacific in International Economy and Business) will be held in Tokyo at the Gakushuin University. The conference is organized by the Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand.
, Tokyo, 18 - 20 February 2009.
- Philosophy of Adam Smith The Philosophy of Adam Smith: A conference to commemorate the 250th anniversary of The Theory of Moral Sentiments.
January 6-8, 2009
Balliol College, Oxford
Organised by the International Adam Smith Society and The Adam Smith Review.
, Oxford, 6 - 8 January 2009.
- ESTER Advanced seminar: Industrial History, Industrial Culture. Representations Past, Present, Future University of Swansea, United Kingdom. Organizer prof. dr Ch. Williams.
, Swansea, 17 - 20 September 2008.
- Congress of
the Spanish Association of Economic History (AEHE) 2008 9th Congress of the Spanish Association of Economic History (AEHE) will have as theme: Public and Private Urban Services Management, Murcia, 10 - 12 September 2008.
- ESTER/GLOBALEURONET Research Design Course 2008 ESTER and GLOBALEURONET announce their first jointly-organized Research Design Course for economic and social historians. The RDC will take place at the Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary. Local organizer: Professor Agnes Pogany, Corvinus University. Keynote lecture: Professor Nick Crafts (University of Warwick).
, Budapest, 1 - 4 September 2008.
- Congress of the Spanish Historical Economics Society 2008 IX Congress of the Spanish Historical Economics Society, Murcia, Spain (September 2008)., Murcia, 1 September 2008.
- Urban History Conference 2008
9th International Conference on Urban History to be held in Lyon, 27th - 30th August 2008.
, Lyon, 27 - 30 August 2008.
- ESTER Advanced Seminar : The political economy of the Orient This PhD seminar will take place in conjunction with the conference 'Empires and Emporia. The Orient in World-Historical Space and Time' in , Leiden, 29 - 30 August 2008.
- Business History after Chandler On the 4-5 July 2008 the Association of Business Historians will hold their annual meeting at the University of Birmingham. The theme is 'Business History after Chandler'. The primary aim of this conference is to provide a forum to reflect on the contribution of Alfred DuPont Chandler Jr. (1918-2007) to the development of business history. We welcome in particular papers that engage explicitly and constructively with the Chandlerian paradigm, including specific country and firm studies
, Birmingham (UK), 4 - 5 July 2008.
- Money, Power and Print Interdisciplinary Studies of the Financial Revolution in the British Isles, 1688-1776.
The conference will be held in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada from 26-28 June 2008.
, St. John's (Canada), 26 - 28 June 2008.
- International Congress of Maritime History Congress 2008 , Greenwich, 23 - 27 June 2008.
- EIASM Workshop 2008 First EIASM Workshop on Imagining Business, Reflecting on the visual power of management, organising and governing practices.
Held at the Saïd Business School, University, Oxford, 26 - 27 June 2008.
- Emergence of Social Differences in Mortality International Seminar on The Emergence of Social Differences in Mortality: Time Trends, Causes, and Reactions. Organized by the IUSSP Scientific Panel on Historical Demography in cooperation with the Società Italiana di Demografia Storica (SIDES), the University of Sassari and the Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI).
, Alghero (Italy), 29 - 30 May 2008.
- Economic & Business Historical Society Conference 2008 The Economic & Business Historical Society welcomes proposals for presentations on all aspects of business and economic history at its 33rd annual conference, Montgomery, Alabama, 17 - 19 April 2008.
- Business History Conference Annual Meeting 2008 The 2008 annual meeting of the Business History Conference (BHC) will be hosted by the California State University at Sacramento, Sacramento, 10 - 12 April 2008.
- Conference of the South-Eastern European Monetary History Network (SEEMHN) 2008 Third Conference of the South-Eastern European Monetary History Network (SEEMHN), hosted by the Bank of Greece, Athens, 14 March 2008.
- ESSHC Economics Network 2008 The Economics Network of the European Social Science History Conference invites session and paper proposals for the European Social Science History Conference, , Lisbon, 27 February - 1 March 2008.
- Asia-Pacific Economic and Business History Conference 2008 Theme: Responses to Environmental Change
Venue: Trinity College, University of Melbourne
Organisation: Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, Melbourne, 13 - 15 February 2008.
- International Conference on Business History (Formerly Fuji Conference) 2008 Mergers and Acquisitions in the Long-Term Perspective, January 26-27, 2008
Tokyo, Japan at the Waseda University, Tokyo, 26 - 27 January 2008.
- Dangerous Trade: Histories of Industrial Hazard across a Globalizing World The conference will be held December 13-15, 2007, at Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, N.Y., Stony Brook (USA), 13 - 15 December 2007.
- Latin American Economic History Congress 2007 We are organizing the 1st Latin American Economic History Congress - 4th Uruguayan Economic History Conference (CLADHE I - IV JUHE), Montevideo, 5 - 7 December 2007.
- KYOTO International Conference 2007 KYOTO International Conference on
The Evolutionary Dynamics of Business Groups in Emerging Economies, Kyoto, 26 - 28 November 2007.
- Conference Portuguese Economic and Social History Association 2007 The XXVII Conference of the Portuguese Economic and Social History Association will be held at
the Faculdade de Economia of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, 16 - 17 November 2007.
- European History Section of the Southern Historical Association 2007 The European History Section of the Southern Historical Association
invites proposals for individual papers and complete panels for
presentation at its annual meeting to be held in Richmond, Virginia,
October 31 to November 3, 2007. Papers on any aspect of European history are welcome, and presenters may include graduate students as well as faculty members., Richmond, 31 October - 3 November 2007.
- Hagley Fall Conference 2007 Theme: SOUND IN THE ERA OF MECHANICAL REPRODUCTION, November 2-3, 2007, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, Delaware.
, Wilmington, 2 - 3 November 2007.
- PEAES Annual Conference 2007 The next annual conference of the program in Early American Economy and
Society will be held on October 10-11, 2007 at the Library Company of
Philadelphia. Entitled The Panic of 1837: Getting By and Going Under in
a Decade of Crisis, this conferences presenters will examine how the
circumstances of this critical moment had important consequences for the
ways Americans thought about their economic culture, responded to personal and social crises, and debated the proper connections between households, politics, and the economy., Philadelphia, 10 - 11 October 2007.
- Global Economic History Network (GEHN) conference 2007 Global Economic History Network (GEHN) conferences, to be held at Utrecht University on 21-23 September 2007., Utrecht, 21 - 23 September 2007.
- Conference of the European Business History Association 2007 The 11th Annual Conference of the European Business History
Association (EBHA) will be held at the University of Geneva, 13-15 September 2007. The theme of the conference is: International Business, International Organizations, and the Wealth of Nations., Geneva, 13 - 15 September 2007.
- Conference of the Economic History Society of Southern Africa 2007 Biennial Conference of the Economic History Society of Southern Africa, Johannesburg (SA), 10 - 12 September 2007.
- History of Economic Thought Conference 2007 The annual History of Economic Thought Conference to be held at Lanyon Building, Queen's University, Belfast, 10 - 12 September 2007.
- Economic History Association Meetings 2007 The 2007 EHA Meetings will be held at the Austin Marriott at the Capitol, Austin, TX, September 6-9, 2007., Austin TX, 6 - 9 September 2007.
- CHORD 2007 Conference The Association of Business Historians (ABH) and the Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD) invite proposals for a joint conference to explore the history of trade, distribution, business networks and retailing. Distribution and Networks.
The conference will be held on 29 and 30 June 2007 at the University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK.
, Wolverhampton, 29 June - 30 July 2007.
- ESF Network "Globalizing Europe" Workshop: Human Capital, Inequality and Living Standards -- Measuring Divergence and Convergence in a Globalising Europe.
2-3 July 2007 School of Economics and Management, Lund University (in cooperation with the University of Tuebingen).
, Lund, 2 - 3 July 2007.
- Conference of the European Historical Economics Society (EHES) 2007 The Seventh European Historical Economics Society Conference will be held at the School of Economics and Management, Lund University in
Sweden, Friday-Sunday, June 29 - July 1, 2007.
, Lund, 29 June - 1 July 2007.
- Association of Business Historians 2007 Conference The Association of Business Historians (ABH) and the Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD) invite proposals for a joint conference to explore the history of trade, distribution, business networks and retailing. Distribution and Networks.
The conference will be held on 29 and 30 June 2007 at the University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK.
, Wolverhampton, 29 - 30 June 2007.
- Chinese Studies Association of Australia (CSAA) Biennial
Conference 2007 The CSAA Biennial
Conference will be held at Griffith University, Brisbane, 27-29 June 2007. , Brisbane, 27 - 29 June 2007.
- ESF Network "Globalizing Europe" Workshop: "The Economic Geography of Europe, 1900-2000", 22-23 June 2007
Universidad Carlos III, Madrid (in cooperation with the Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation, The University of Warwick)., Madrid, 22 - 23 June 2007.
- Inventing Europe: Technology and the Making of Europe, 1850 to the Present The European Science Foundation (ESF) and the Foundation for the History
of Technology in the Netherlands are jointly organizing the Launch Conference of the ESF EUROCORES Programme Inventing Europe in conjunction with the Third Plenary Conference of the Tensions of Europe Network (ToE). Rotterdam, 07.06.2007-10.06.2007., Rotterdam, 7 - 10 June 2007.
- Environmental Connections. Europe and the Wider World Tuesday 5 to Saturday 9 June 2007 the Fourth conference of the European Society for Environmental History will take place in Amsterdam, hosted by the Vrije Universiteit (Free University)., Amsterdam, 5 - 9 June 2007.
- Financial Crises: Past, Theory, Future This small, two-day conference, will be held at on June 8-9, 2007, at the Economics Department, UPF, Barcelona., Barcelona, 8 - 9 June 2007.
- Canadian Network for Economic History Canadian Network for Economic History Sessions at the 2007 CEA.
Meetings, June 1 - 3, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Canadian Network for Economic History invites anyone wishing to
present a paper at the CNEH session at the 2007 Annual Meeting of the
Canadian Economic Association to submit an abstract by February 28, 2007., Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1 - 3 June 2007.
- European Association for Banking and Financial History Annual Colloquium 2007 The European Association for Banking and Financial History e.V. (EABH) is calling for papers to be presented at its annual colloquium in 2007. The congress will be hosted by the Bank of Valletta and the Central Bank of Malta and will take place in Valletta (Malta), on 1-2 June, 2007.
, Valletta, 1 - 2 June 2007.
- Business History Conference 2007 Program, registration, and housing information for the Business History
Conference annual meeting May 31-June 2, 2007 is now available on the BHC
web site. The meeting will take place in Cleveland at the Weatherhead School of Management on the campus of Case Western Reserve University., Cleveland, 31 May - 2 June 2007.
- Cliometrics Conference 2007 The annual Cliometrics Conference in 2007 will be held on the weekend of
Friday May 18th through Sunday May 20th at the Westward Look Resort in
Tucson, Arizona. The conference will be hosted by the University of
Arizona. Funding for the conference is being provided by the National
Science Foundation and the University of Arizona. , Tucson, Arizona, 18 - 20 May 2007.
- Consumption Constrained: Austerity and Rationing in the 20th Century A meeting is being organised to examine the subject 'Consumption
Constrained: Austerity and Rationing in the 20th Century', and it is hoped
to attract emerging and established scholars with an interest in this
subject to the University of Tartu, Estonia, for a period of energetic
reflection and debate.
, Tartu (Est), 28 - 29 April 2007.
- Economic & Business Historical Society Conference 2007 2007 EBHS Conference will be held in Providence, Rhode Island, April 26-28, 2007.
, Providence, 26 - 28 April 2007.
- Fiscal System in Europe (13th-18th Century) Istituto Datini, XXXIX Settimana di Studi, Prato, 23-27 April 2007., Prato, 23 - 27 April 2007.
- Banking & Monetary History: Hong Kong's Current Challenges in Historical Perspective
Held at the Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research, Hong Kong Monetary Authority (16-17 April 2007).
, Hongkong, 16 - 17 April 2007.
- Economic Growth Genealogies in the Shadow of the Spanish Empire The Milan unit of Red Columnaria invites paper proposals for the
international workshop "Economic Growth Genealogies in the Shadow of the Spanish Empire: Comparing Countries, Regions, Domains and Boundaries (16th-20th Centuries)," to be held in Milan, Italy, April 13-14, 2007., Milan, 13 - 14 April 2007.
- Hearts and Minds: the Ethos of Commercial and Political Advocacy in
Twentieth-century Britain One-Day Workshop: Saturday, 14 April 2007, 9.30am -5.00pm
Organised by the School of Business and Management, Queen Mary College,
London., London, 14 April 2007.
- PCA/ACA National Conference 2007 Boston MA, April 4 - 7, 2007. The Popular Culture Association and the American Culture Association invite papers on organizational culture. We are particularly interested in works that explore the link between corporate culture and popular culture., Boston, 4 - 7 April 2007.
- Economic History Society Annual Conference 2007 30 March-1 April 2007, University of Exeter., Exeter, 30 March - 1 April 2007.
- Economic Leadership in Small Countries: Lessons from the Twentieth
Century Experience, 2007 Athens, April 2007.
Organizers: National Research Foundation Eleftherios Venizelos, Department of Economics, Athens University of Economics & Business.
, Athens, 31 March 2007.
- Wirtschaftliche Integrationsprozesse in West- und Osteuropa nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung,
Bibliotheksgebäude, Am Neuen Markt 9D, 14467 Potsdam (29.03.2007-31.03.2007).
, Potsdam, 29 - 31 March 2007.
- Economics and integration in western and eastern Europe after the Second World War Centre for Contemporary History at Potsdam, 29 March-31 March 2007., Potsdam, 29 - 31 March 2007.
- Business History of the Middle East Workshop The workshop is part of the 8th Mediterranean Research Meeting to be held in Florence, Italy from March 21-25 2007.
, Florence, 21 - 25 March 2007.
- Iberian Economic History Workshop 3 The third Iberian Economic History Workshop (Iberometrics) will be held in Valencia on the weekend of Friday March 23rd through Saturday March 24th, 2007 hosted by the Departamento de Análisis Económico of the University of Valencia and co-financed by the Universidad Internacional Menendez Pelayo (UIMP).
, Valencia, 23 - 24 March 2007.
- Corporate financing faced with Twentieth century economic changes. International Conference.
Paris, March 15th - 16th 2007., Paris, 15 - 16 March 2007.
- Hagley Spring Symposium 2007 The Hagley Spring Symposium will be held March 9-10, 2007. The conference TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION AND THE COLD WAR will be held March 9-10, 2007.
, Wilmington, 9 - 10 March 2007.
- NSF/NBER/CEPR workshops on The Evolution of the Global Economy The second US-based EGE workshop will be held on Friday, March 2, 2007, at the National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138., Cambridge MA, 2 March 2007.
- NSF/NBER/CEPR workshops on The Evolution of the Global Economy The first EU-based EGE workshop was held October 13-15, 2006 in Lund, Sweden. The second US-based EGE workshop will be held on Friday, March 2, 2007, at the National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138., Cambridge MA, 2 March 2007.
- Asia-Pacific Economic and Business History Conference (APEBH) 2007 The conference will be held at the University of Sydney, 12-14 February 2007. The APEBH Conference theme is "Varieties of Capitalist Development and Corporate Governance", and the keynote speaker is Professor Doug Irwin, a US-based leading authority on the history of international trade policy.
, Sidney, 12 - 14 February 2007.
- The Value of the Past: A Symposium on Marketing and History Friday 19 January 2007, 12-4pm, Lilybank House, University of Glasgow, Glasgow., Glasgow, 19 January 2007.
- ASSA Meetings 2007 The Economic History Association will sponsor two sessions and the Cliometric Society 3 sessions at the ASSA meetings in Chicago, Illinois, January 5-7, 2007., Chicago, 5 - 7 January 2007.
- Kreditgeschäfte der Banken Symposium Am 15. Dezember 2006 tagt der Arbeitskreis Bank- und
Versicherungsgeschichte der GUG e.V. zum Thema "Kreditgeschäfte der
Banken". Gesellschaft für Unternehmensgeschichte e.V. (GUG), Frankfurt am Main
15.12.2006, Commerzbank AG, Kaiserplatz, 60311 Frankfurt am Main.
Bei Interesse bitten wir um Anmeldung bis zum 6. Dezember 2006 per Email firstname.lastname@example.org
, Frankfurt, 15 December 2006.
- Accounting, Business and Financial History Workshop University of Sydney, Australia, 8 December 2006.
, Sydney, 8 December 2006.
- Economic History Panel : Past, Present, and Policy The second Economic History Panel : Past, Present, and Policy, will be held in London, Bank of England, 23-24 November 2006., London, 23 - 24 November 2006.
- Portuguese Economic and Social History Association Meeting 2006 The XXVI Meeting of the Portuguese Economic and Social History Association will be held at the University of the Azores on November 17-18, 2006.
, Azores, 17 - 18 November 2006.
- ILA conference: Leadership at the Crossroads 8th annual ILA conference: Leadership at the Crossroads November 1-5, 2006
at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Illinois., Chicago, 1 - 5 November 2006.
- Center for the History of
Business, Technology and Society 2006 Conference For a conference on November 3 and 4, 2006 the Center for the History of
Business, Technology and Society invites paper proposals on Food Chains: Provisioning, Technology, and Science., Wilmington, 3 - 4 November 2006.
- Conference on "Long-Term Perspectives on Business, Finance and Institutions: What Can We Learn from the Past?" October 19-20, 2006 University of Antwerp, Belgium
Organizers: the Studiecentrum Onderneming en Beurs - SCOB and the Centrum voor Bedrijfsgeschiedenis of the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
, Antwerp, 19 - 20 October 2006.
- Canadian Network for Economic History Conference 2006 The Canadian Network for Economic History Conference will take place on October 13-15, 2006 in Vancouver, British Columbia., Vancouver, 13 - 15 October 2006.
- Conference: Impact of Markets in the Management of Rural Land Zaragoza, September 22-23, 2006
University of Zaragoza (Spain)
and Cost Action A-35. Programme for the Study of European Rural Societies
European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research
(European Science Foundation).
, Zaragoza, 22 - 23 September 2006.
- CHORD 2006 Conference CHORD (the Centre for the History of Retailing and
Distribution) invites for papers for a one-day conference 'Retail Trading in Britain', 20 September 2006, University of Wolverhampton, UK., Wolverhampton, 20 September 2006.
- Economic History Association 2006 Meetings The Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
September 15-17, 2006.
Theme will be "Frontiers and Institutional Innovation: Property Rights, Production Organization and Governance, and Political Structure."
, Pittsburgh, 15 - 17 September 2006.
- Research Day Dutch-Flemish Society for the History of Economic Thought 1 September 2006, 10:30 - 17:30 Roosevelt Academy, Middelburg, the Netherlands, Middelburg (NL), 1 September 2006.
- International Economic History Congress. The International Economic History Association (IEHA) will hold its fourteenth World Congress in Helsinki, Finland 21-25 August 2006.
Detailed information on the Helsinki Congress is available on the congress website (starting December 2002). There will be two calls for session proposals. The deadline for the First Call is 30 April, 2003. The deadline for the second call is 31 January, 2005. Submissions and information (preferably via e-mail) to: Secretary-General Prof. dr. J.L. van Zanden, c/o IISG, Cruquiusweg 31, 1019 AT Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Fax + 31 20 665 4181, Email: email@example.com.
, Helsinki, Finland, 21 - 25 August 2006.
- Symposium Returns from the Americas (1750-1850) 52nd International Congress of Americanists, Seville, 17-21 July 2006.
, Seville, 17 - 21 July 2006.
- Trading Books - Trading Ideas The fourteenth annual conference of
the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and
Publishing (SHARP) will be held at the National Library of The
Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek) in The Hague and in
Leiden. July 11-14, 2006., The Hague, 11 - 14 July 2006.
- Annual Colloquium of the European Association for Banking and Financial History e.V. 2006 The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH) is
calling for papers to be presented at its annual colloquium in 2006. The
congress will be hosted by the Caixa Geral de Depositos and will take place in Lisbon (Portugal), on May 26 - 27, 2006.
Theme: "The State and the Financial Services: Regulation, Ownership and
, Lisbon, 26 May - 27 June 2006.
- International Conference on Economics and Human Biology 2006 The 3rd International Conference on Economics and Human Biology
Strasbourg, France, June 22-24, 2006, Strasbourg, 22 - 24 June 2006.
- Agrarian Societies Annual Meeting of the Agricultural History Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA, 15-17 June 2006.
, Cambridge MA, 15 - 17 June 2006.
- Association of Business Historians, 2006 Conference On the 16-17 June 2006 the Association of Business Historians will hold their annual meeting at the School of Business and Management, Queen Mary, University of London.
The theme is ‘Globalization and Business History’. , London, 16 - 17 June 2006.
- Conference on German Cliometrics The Second Conference on German Cliometrics will be held in Tübingen,
, Tübingen, 7 - 10 June 2006.
- Money, Power & Prose Interdisciplinary studies of the financial revolution in the British Isles, 1688 - 1756
8-10 June 2006, Robinson & Cardinal Ó Fiaich Libraries, Armagh, Northern Ireland., Armagh, 8 - 10 June 2006.
- International Conference on German Cliometrics 2006 , Tuebingen, 1 June 2006.
- Historical Society, Conference 2006 Globalization, Empire, and Imperialism in Historical Perspective, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1 June 2006.
- CEA Conference 2006 The Canadian Network for Economic History will be organizing several
sessions to be held at the CEA Conference (Concordia University, Montreal, 26-28 May, 2006). , Montreal, 26 - 28 May 2006.
- Economic and Demographic Change in Latin America The Canadian Association of Latin American and Caribbean Studies and the University of Guelph invites the participation of researchers in a workshop to consider the historical and contemporary experience of economic and demographic change in Latin America and the Caribbean region. The workshop will be held May 25-26 2006 in Guelph, Ontario., Guelph, Ontario, 25 - 26 May 2006.
- Bubbles - Theory, Policy, Implications and Historical Perspectives Workshop held at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Catalunya, May 19-20, 2006. Organisers: Eugene White (Rutgers and NBER) and Hans-Joachim Voth (UPF, CREI and CEPR)., Barcelona, 19 - 20 May 2006.
- The variety of economic institutions
under the many forms of capitalism The Economic History Research Area of the European Association of Evolutionary Political Economy (EAEPE) and the Economic Policy Laboratory ( EMOP-Athens University of Economics and Business) are organising a joint two day
Colloquium. at the Athens University of Economics and Business, 12-13 May 2006., Athans, 12 - 13 May 2006.
- XXXVIII Settimana di Studi 2006 More information consult the website or contact Istituto Internazionale di Storia Economica "F. Datini", via Muzzi 38, I - 59100 Prato, ITALY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Istituto Internazionale di Storia Economica "F. Datini" will dedicate the XXXVIII Settimana di Studi 2006 to Europe's Economic Relations with the Islamic World, from the 13th to the 18th Centuries, Prato, 1 - 5 May 2006.
- Canadian Network for Economic History 2006 Conference The Canadian Network for Economic History invites proposals on any
topic and historical period for its October 13-15, 2006 conference in
Vancouver, British Columbia., Vancouver, 30 April 2006.
- Economic & Business Historical Society Conference 2006
The Economic & Business Historical Society Conference 2006 will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania April 27 - 29, 2006.
, Pittsburgh, 27 - 29 April 2006.
- Second Conference on Economic History of the Low Countries The N.W. Posthumus Institute organizes its Second Flemish-Dutch conference on the economic and social history of the Low Countries before 1850 in Antwerp, April 27-28, 2006.
Paper proposals should be submitted before December 1st, 2005., Antwerp, 27 - 28 April 2006.
- Metropolis and State in Early Modern Europe (c.1400-1800) An International Conference organised by the University of Amsterdam and the
Centre for Metropolitan History Institute of Historical Research, University of London) to be held at the Institute of Historical Research, Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU, 27–28 March 2006.
, London, 27 - 28 March 2006.
- European Social Science History Conference (ESSHC)
The next European Social Science History Conference will be held in
Amsterdam on 22-25 March, 2006. The ESSHC Economics Network co-ordinates the organization of sessions on economic history at this conference.
More information? Please check the ESSHC webpage, or contact Jörg Baten, University of Tübingen (email@example.com)/Oscar Gelderblom, Utrecht University (firstname.lastname@example.org).
, Amsterdam, 22 - 25 March 2006.
- Beeld en betekenis in stedelijke context Op donderdag 16 maart 2006 organiseert de Werkgroep Stedengeschiedenis in samenwerking met de Faculteit Letteren van Universiteit Utrecht een studiemiddag over 'Beeld en betekenis in stedelijke context'. Locatie: Sweelinckzaal, Drift 21 te Utrecht.
, Utrecht, 16 March 2006.
- Symposium - Business and Management History
Business and Labour History Group, School of Business
Symposium - Business and Management History, Womens College, University of Sydney, 24 February 2006
, Sydney, 24 February 2006.
- Asia Pacific Economic and Business History Conference 2007
, Brisbane, 16 - 18 February 2006.
- ASSA Meetings 2006 Call for Papers
2006 ASSA Meetings, Boston, January 6-8, 2006
The Economic History Association will sponsor two sessions at the ASSA meetings in Boston, Massachusetts, January 6-8, 2006., Boston, 6 - 8 January 2006.
- Berlin Colloquium 2005 The Berlin Colloquium, Humboldt University of Berlin, has been postponed to December 14-16, 2005. The new submission deadline is
August 31, 2005., Berlin, 14 - 16 December 2005.
- Milieux économiques et intégration européenne au xxe siècle Les mutations des années 1980 : 1979-1992. Collloque, Bercy 1-2 decembre 2005 organisé par le Comité pour l'histoire économique et financière de la France., Paris, 1 - 2 December 2005.
- Portuguese Economic and Social
History Association 2005 Conference On behalf of the Direction of the Portuguese Economic and Social
History Association, the session organiser invites you to participate in the quantitative economic history session of the 2005 Conference, to be
held in Evora (Portugal) in November 18-19, 2005., Evora (Portugal), 18 - 19 November 2005.
- Cross-Connexions: Communications, Society & Change International Conference, 11th -13th November 2005, Science Museum, London, UK, London, 11 - 13 November 2005.
- Medieval Global Economies November 11 and 12, 2005, University of Western Ontario
, University of Western Ontario, 11 - 12 November 2005.
- Werkgroep Stedengeschiedenis Op donderdag 10 november 2005 organiseert de Werkgroep Stedengeschiedenis in samenwerking met de Faculteit Letteren van Universiteit Utrecht een studiemiddag over "Publieke diensten in vroegmoderne steden'.
Sweelinckzaal, Drift 21 te Utrecht., Utrecht, 10 November 2005.
- Producing Fashion Conference to be held at the Hagley Museum and Library in Wilmington, Delaware, October 28 and 29, 2005., Wilmington, Delaware (USA), 28 - 29 October 2005.
- Early American in Economy and Society
Theme: "Connection, Contingency, and Class"
Place: The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107.
Date: October 28, 2005
, Philadelphia, 28 October 2005.
- Leveranciers en klanten. Valorisatie van het archiefaanbod voor bedrijfshistorisch onderzoek Op vrijdag 7 oktober organiseert het Rijksarchief Brugge in de lokalen van de Universitaire Campus Kortrijk een studiedag: Leveranciers en klanten. Valorisatie van het archiefaanbod voor bedrijfshistorisch onderzoek
Deze studiedag wordt georganiseerd naar aanleiding van het project 'Registratie en valorisatie van bedrijfsarchieven als bron voor de studie van de industrialisatie in de provincie West-Vlaanderen'.
, Kortrijk, 7 October 2005.
- Studiedag Leveranciers en klanten Valorisatie van het archiefaanbod voor bedrijfshistorisch onderzoek. Vrijdag 7 oktober 2005 te Kortrijk (KULAK: aula B511).
, Kortrijk, 7 October 2005.
- Economic History Panel : Past, Present, and Policy 30 September - 1 October, 2005 , Oesterreichische Nationalbank Vienna, Austria
, Vienna, 30 September - 1 October 2005.
- The Transfer of Ideas about Taxation since 1750 Conference held at the Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities (CRASSH), 17 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RX, United Kingdom (16-18 September 2005).
, Oxford, 16 - 18 September 2005.
- Economic History Association Meetings 2005 , Toronto, 16 - 18 September 2005.
- Association for History and Computing, XVIth International Conference The International Conference will be held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 14-17th September 2005.
Extended deadline for submissions of title and abstract: 1st March 2005
200-250 words) Deadline for submissions of full papers: 1st May 2005 (6-8 pages A4)., Amsterdam, 14 - 17 September 2005.
- Tobacco in Economic History, 18th to 21st Centuries
, Santiago de Compostella, 13 - 16 September 2005.
- ESA Political Economy-Conference 2005 Call for participation in the ESA Political Economy Research Network & Call for papers and participation in the ESA Political Economy founding meeting ESA-Conference in Torun, 9-13 September 2005., Torun (Poland), 9 - 13 September 2005.
- Conference of the European Historical Economics Society 2005 The Sixth European Historical Economics Society Conference will be
held at the Historical Center of the former Imperial Ottoman Bank
located at the old financial district in Istanbul on Friday-Saturday,
September 9-10, 2005., Istanbul, 9 - 10 September 2005.
- Fourth Accounting History International Conference Last date for the submission of papers: 31 May 2005.
The conference will be held in, Braga, Portugal, 7 - 9 September 2005.
- European Business History Association Annual Conference 2005 Ninth annual conference of the EBHA, Johann Wolfgang van Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main, September 1-4, 2005, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 1 - 4 September 2005.
- Brazilian Association for Economic History Congress 2005
The Brazilian Association for Economic History (ABPHE) will hold the VI Brazilian Congress of
Economic History in Conservatória (RJ, Brazil), September 2005.
, Conservatória (Brazil), 1 September 2005.
- European Society for Rural Sociology-Congress 2005 European Society for Rural Sociology XXI Congress: A Common European Countryside? Change and continuity, diversity and cohesion in the enlarged Europe, 22-27 August 2005, Keszthely (Hungary).
, Keszthely (Hungary), 22 - 27 August 2005.
- Navigating the Northern Seas XIIth AHNS Conference., Middleburg and Flushing, The Netherlands, 18 - 20 August 2005.
- Western Economics Association Meeting 2005 Economic historians are invited to organize sessions for the 2005
Western Economics Association Meetings in San Francisco, July 4-8., San Francisco, 4 - 8 July 2005.
- Conference on Critical Management Studies , Cambridge (UK), 20 - 6 July 2005.
- War and the Macroeconomy Workshop War and the Macroeconomy, 29-30 June, 2005 at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Catalunya.
Organisers: Alan M. Taylor and Hans-Joachim Voth.
, Barcelona, 29 - 30 June 2005.
- Workshop of the Global Economic History Network , Utrecht (NL), 23 - 25 June 2005.
- Management History Research Group 2005
The Management History Research Group (MHRG) annual meeting this year is
hosted by the Centre for Business Management at Queen Mary, University of London, 13-14th June 2005., London, 13 - 14 June 2005.
- Cliometrics Conference 2005 The annual Cliometrics Conference in 2005 will be held on the weekend of
Friday June 3rd through Sunday June 5th at the Granlibakken Conference
Center Lodge, located just south of Tahoe City, CA. The conference will
be hosted by the University of California at Davis., Tahoe City CA (USA), 3 - 5 June 2005.
- Association of Business Historians, 2005 Conference
The Centre for Business History in Scotland at The University of Glasgow, Scotland, 27th-28th May 2005, Glasgow, Scotland, 27 - 28 May 2005.
- Car in History : Business, Space and Culture in North America University of Toronto, Toronto (May 20-21, 2005), Toronto, 20 - 21 May 2005.
- BETA Workshop in Historical Economics The Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée (BETA) and the Association Française de Cliométrie have announced the program for the BETA Workshop in Historical Economics, 20-21 May 2005.
BETA, UMR 7522 CNRS-Université Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, Faculté des Sciences Economiques et de Gestion-Pôle Européen de Gestion et d'Economie
61, Avenue de la Forêt Noire, 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France, Strasbourg, 20 - 21 May 2005.
- Society for Economic Anthropology, Annual Conference 2005 , Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, 21 - 23 April 2005.
- 29th Annual Economic & Business Historical Society Conference , High Point University, High Point, North Carolina, 21 - 23 April 2005.
- Canadian Network for Economic History, 2005 Conference , Kingston, Ontario, 15 - 17 April 2005.
- Utopian Visions and World's Fairs , Wilmington, 15 April 2005.
- World's Fair Symposium San Francisco, March 30 - April 1, 2005 , San Francisco, 30 March - 1 April 2005.
- Iberometrics II- Second Iberian Cliometrics Workshop , Madrid, 11 - 12 March 2005.
- Biological Welfare and Inequality in Preindustrial Times: A Political Economy Workshop Workshop at the YCIAS Yale Center for International and Area Studies, New Haven, March 4-5, 2005
, New Haven, 4 - 5 March 2005.
- International symposium on Hubs, Harbours and Deltas in Southeast Asia: Multidisciplinary and International Perspectives , Singapore, 31 January - 2 February 2005.
- 2005 ASSA Meetings Authors interested in presenting papers should send a one-page proposal, including an abstract or description of the paper and all contact information to Lee_Craig@ncsu.edu by May 1, 2004.
The Economic History Association will sponsor two sessions, the Cliometric Society will sponsor three sessions at the ASSA meetings in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 7 - 9 January 2005.
2007Other Lists of Conferences
- Conference on the Economic History of the Low Countries before 1850 To stimulate research on economic growth and development in the Low Countries before 1850, the N.W. Posthumus Institute organizes an international conference on the Economic History of the Low Countries before 1850. The organizers invite both senior researchers and graduate students to submit paper proposals. A call for papers is available at the site of the project. The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2004.
For further information, please contact Oscar Gelderblom, Utrecht University, E-mail: email@example.com, International Institute of Social History in Amsterdam, 18 - 19 November 2004.
- Jews and American Business Conference. , to be held at Temple University in Philadelphia, 19 - 20 October 2004.
- Early Securities Markets: Berlin and its Rivals in the 19th Century More information? Contact Ms. Gabriele Rothardt, Institut zur Erforschung der Wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung UniversitSt Freiburg, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
A CEPR and Review of Finance Joint Conference (deadline Tuesday 15 June 2004), at Humboldt University, Berlin, 15 - 16 October 2004.
- Knowledge Management - The Marketplace of the Companies Proposals may be submitted to: Gesellschaft fnr Unternehmensgeschichte, Sophienstr. 44, D-60487 Frankfurt/Main, e-mail: email@example.com.
The Gesellschaft für Unternehmensgeschichte holds a conference on 'Knowledge Management - The Marketplace of the Companies' in, (?), 14 - 15 October 2004.
- Society for the History of Technology This year the program will focus on Water, Transatlantic Community, Camouflaged Technologies, Non-Aligned Technologies and Information Technology (IT) and Media Studies. Deadline is April 1, 2004. Please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SHOT will hold its annual meeting, in Amsterdam, 7 - 10 October 2004.
- Conference on Women's Economies in Colonial British America The papers prepared for this conference will be posted on the PEAES web pages by September 1, 2004. For further questions, please contact Cathy Matson, PEAES Director, at email@example.com.
The conference will take place at Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust St., Philadelphia, PA on Friday, 1 October 2004.
- Governing the corparation. Mapping the loci of power in corporate governance design For complete CFP, see www.governance.qub.ac.uk/govcorp.pdf., Institute of Governance, Public Policy and Social Research, Queen's University, Belfast, 20 - 21 September 2004.
- EBHA Conference 2004 The theme of the conference is 'From Industry to Services?' We are basically looking for papers which look at the development of service activities both independently and within industrial enterprises; papers could also explore the relationships between service and other firms. Papers covering any time period are welcome. The conference will be held in, Barcelona, 16 - 18 September 2004.
- VIII Spanish Economic History Association Congress 2005 VIII Spanish Economic History Association Congress, organised by the Asociación de Historia Económica.
Contributions online at E-Lis., and will be held in Galicia, Spain (Santiago de Compostela, La Coruña and Vigo), 13 - 16 September 2004.
- Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution 2004 Conference Theme: 'Buyer Beware! The Business, Politics and Pleasures of Commerce'. Sessions on: Shopping spaces, Commercial failures, Retailing and politics, etc. More information on the web-pages of CHORD or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2004 CHORD conference will take place, at the University of Wolverhampton, UK, 15 - 16 September 2004.
- Contemporary British History 2004 Conference will be on the History of Work in the 20th Century. It aims to bring together those interested in the past and present of work to look at what has and has not changed over the past century.
Offers of papers should be sent by January 9 2004 to Virginia Preston, Centre for Contemporary British History, Institute of Historical Research, University of London, Senate House, London WC1E 7HU, email@example.com. They should preferably be sent by email attachment., The conference will be held at the University of London, 14 - 16 July 2004.
- World Congress of Cliometrics A call for papers will be issued later this year. The Program Committee will put together an international program from the proposals sent by applicants to the conference. The program will be posted on the Cliometric Society web site early in 2004. The sponsoring organizations include the Cliometric Society, the European Historical Economics Society, the Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, and the Canadian Network for Economic History. The organizing and program committees consist of Lee Craig, Price Fishback, Albrecht Ritschl, and Gianni Toniolo.
The congress will be held at Venice International University, Venice, Italy., 8 - 11 July 2004.
- Colloquium on British Financial Revolution An interdisciplinary colloquium on the Financial Revolution in the British Isles, 1688-1756. The goal is to gather a select group of scholars from a range of disciplines to improve our collective understanding of contemporary commentary on the new methods of public and private finance. We invite proposals for papers considering any aspect of this literature or the mechanics of the revolution itself. Formal proposals must be received no later than 28 February 2004.
The colloquium will convene in Regina, Saskatchewan, 24 - 26 June 2004.
- Historical Society's 2004 Conference "Reflections on the Current State of Historical Inquiry". For information contact: Joseph Lucas, Assistant Director, The Historical Society, 656 Beacon St., Mezzanine, Boston, MA 02215-2010, (617) 358-0260, (617) 358-0250 (fax).
To be held, at the Spruce Point Inn near Boothbay Harbor, Maine, 3 - 6 June 2004.
- Symposium: Dutch Identity: Virtues and Vices of Bourgeois Society , Forum room, M-building, Woudestein, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2:00 - 6:15 h pm, Thursday, 6 May 2004.
- Second Cities: An Interdisciplinary Symposium The Andrew Hook Centre for American Studies at the University of Glasgow is pleased to announce an interdisciplinary symposium on Second Cities, to be held, at the University's Business School, 30 April - 1 May 2004.
- Economic and Business Historical Society 2004 Conference The Economic & Business Historical Society welcomes proposals for presentations on all aspects of business and economic history at its 29th annual conference at Anaheim, California, 22 - 24 April 2004.
- Consumptie en detailhandel in de Lage Landen, 1600-2000 , Centraal Faciliteitengebouw, Cleveringaplaats 1, Leiden, zaal 147, 20 April 2004.
- New History of Economic Inequality , UCLA, 16 - 18 April 2004.
- City, Industry, and Environment in Transatlantic Perspective , Philadelphia, 16 - 17 April 2004.
- Wal-Mart: Template for 21st Century Capitalism? The conference is co-sponsored by the UCSB Interdisciplinary Humanities Center and the Hull Center for Research on Women and Social Justice. For registration and additional information go to the site.
The conference will be held, at Corwin Pavilion, UC Santa Barbara., 12 April 2004.
- Fifth European Social Science History Conference The ESSHC aims at bringing together scholars interested in explaining historical phenomena using the methods of the social sciences. The conference is characterized by a lively exchange in many small groups, rather than by formal plenary sessions.
The Conference fee will be Euro 160 for participants who pay in advance, Euro 200 for participants who pay at the conference. One day attendance will be Euro 80 for participants who pay in advance, and Euro 100 for participants who pay at the conference.
Further information and an electronic pre-registration form for the Conference can be obtained from the Conference Internet site at www.iisg.nl/esshc or from the conference secretariat:
European Social Science History Conference 2004, c/o International Institute of Social History, Cruquiusweg 31, 1019 AT Amsterdam (Netherlands), Telephone: +31.20.66 858 66/Fax: +31.20.66 541 81/E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference will be held at the Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, 24 - 27 March 2004.
- H-Net Academic Announcements Academic conferences, calls for papers, programs and other announcements in the humanities and social sciences.
Last updated 14 June 2011